"The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places."- Ernest Hemingway

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Mentor

I've said it before. God gives us exactly what we need, precisely when we need it. If there is any confusion in my life, it is only made more clear by knowing that I am where I need to be simply because God has placed me here. After acknowledging that, a sense of comfort fulfills me, even in the midst of chaos.

I spent a very long time enjoying the company of a mentor of mine. She probably doesn't know that's how I see her, but it is. She is 10 years my senior and we've been friends for about that long. She's beautiful, wise, strong, confidant, funny as an idiot and did I mention beautiful? I love her so so much. I feel like her little sister when I am with her, under her guidance and her wing. I can (and do) tell her everything, because trying to hide any of my feelings from her is simply an exercise in futility. I don't get to see her but once every several months, yet it's literally like it's been a week between get togethers.

She told me last night something that she said she knows for sure: she said that when God is ready to elevate you out of a situation, He will. When God is ready to change a situation, He will. Nothing may make sense. But it's because God's timing is only known to Him. She said she has lived this time and time again and gave me a very recent and extremely painful example in her life.

Trusting in God and His plan will NOT keep us from falling. At all. But it is God's grace that will pick us up every time. That is something I know for sure.

Two very different women, two very different view points and outlooks on the world based on our own life's experiences. Yet we always have each other's back.
I love you, my friend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment