"The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places."- Ernest Hemingway

Monday, March 21, 2011

To Sing


There are some songs I truly love to sing. I have always loved music and I have always loved to sing. I think, as I get older- I am sounding better. That's curious to me. What I would love to do behind a mic. Maybe I will get that chance.

This is one of the songs I absolutely love to sing. It is meaningful, it is profound, it is simple and it is beautiful. It's right in my range, both the main vocals and the harmony. I always go for the harmony- I like the challenge :-D

This song is written from a man's perspective. An older man who has just lost his wife of 40 years and is coming home from her funeral. While I can't necessarily relate exactly to this, I can appreciate the humble nature of this man's thoughts and his deep grief and regret. I can appreciate that sometimes, we forget to see each other. I appreciate that this song is real; that it's about two people who have loved and lived, regretted and turned away.

I aspire to love better than this song...because after all, "Ain't nothing left at all in the end of being proud, With me riding in this car, and you flying through the clouds".

No comments:

Post a Comment