"The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places."- Ernest Hemingway

Friday, June 17, 2011

Titles

Someone emailed these words to me today pretty much out of nowhere. There was no subject line, no intro, no discussion. Just these words.

Perfect.
To let go does not mean to stop caring; it means I can't do it for someone else.
To let go is not to be in the middle, arranging all the outcomes, but to allow other persons to affect their own destinies.
To let go is not to fix but to be supportive.
To let go is not to be protective; it's to permit another to face reality.
To let go is to fear less and to love more.
When you love someone deeply, letting go is incredibly hard.
But I realized I must let go, for I do not own what I love.
                                                                        -Helen Grace Lescheid

The title to my blog finally has come to me. I have been waiting. And here it is: The Land in Between. To understand it, watch this sermon, given by video from a guest preacher, Jeff Manion at Cornerstone Fellowship. Get comfy, curl up on your couch and watch this. Though I am not familiar with Jeff and found his style to be slightly less to my liking, his message was impeccable.

No comments:

Post a Comment