"The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places."- Ernest Hemingway

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Love Letter

You are the person I live for. You are the person who wakes up, rubs the sleep out of your eyes, reaches out your warm arms to me and hugs me tighter and with more genuine love and adoration than any other pair of arms ever have for as long as my memory takes me.

When I focus on your eyes, and you lock yours on mine, I see the world. I see your world and I see mine. What was my world before I knew you? It was an inwardly directed selfish life. My days were filled with what I knew or what I hoped would make me happy. Sometimes I truly can’t believe how I filled my time. My life now is consumed with what will make you happy. Every decision I have to make about our life together is all about you. And I love you so much for that. I love you for bringing purpose, growth, pain, joy, adoration and the truest deepest love I have ever known to my life.

I delight in your happiness. I am crushed at your pain. I am consumed with worry: are you feeling ok/developing well/happy/thirsty/hungry/bored? I don’t know how to be anyone else for you. And I don’t want to be.

If there is one thing in this world that I know. Simply: One Thing. It is that I love you, daughter, with all of my heart and all of my soul. That love will never wary. You are my princess. You are my life. I will fiercely protect you for as long as God gives me time on His earth to do so. I have no other words.

Thank you for choosing me to be your mother. It is and will always be my greatest achievement and my greatest honor.
~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment